803 South Black River Street, Sparta, WI
Superintendent Overall Purpose of Position
The Superintendent is responsible for the manufacturing process from raw material to finished product. The Superintendent is required to effectively and safely plan and manage the day-to-day operations of people, equipment and processes through the Supervisors, following the direction of the Plant Manager, the labor contract, shop rules, Company policies, procedures and work instructions, and any applicable laws to satisfy internal and external customer requests and demands.
Superintendent Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise and coordinate activities of employees.
- Prepare operation schedules and coordinate manufacturing activities to ensure production and quality specifications are met.
- Ensures that plant objectives, milestones and goals are achieved within budget.
- Assist with building a strong culture of continuous improvement through application of appropriate problem solving skills and techniques.
- Coaches, trains, and develops employees using leadership skills and lean manufacturing principles.
- Ensures optimal equipment utilization and maintenance activities to maximize productivity and efficiency.
- Analyzes production and other operations reports to identify concerns, reacting quickly and effectively to mitigate problems, ensuring minimum delays and related unplanned costs.
- Ensures Quality and Environmental systems and regulations are adhered to and TS16949 and ISO14001 are maintained/improved.
- Establishes priorities and sequences for manufacturing products including one piece flow, waste elimination, TPM, standardized work, synchronized operations, value stream mapping, visual management and Kaizen.
- Other duties as assigned.
Superintendent Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in a supervisor or management level role, Bachelors Degree strongly preferred.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Personal integrity and the ability to foster teamwork, cooperation and consensus building.
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong computer skills, experience with Microsoft Office products.
- Working knowledge of ERP systems (Axapta a plus).
- Successful record of leading a workforce of 200+ employees implementing lean manufacturing principles.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with a proven ability to meet project deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail.
- High level of initiative, with the ability to work well in a team environment.
- Sparta - 2nd Shift, 3:30pm-7:30pm
- West Salem - 1st Shift, 6:30am-2:30pm
- West Salem - 3rd Shift, 10:30pm-6:30am
Dated: March 7, 2022