803 S Black River St, Sparta, WI
Robotic/Electronic Technician Overall Purpose of Position
The Robotic/Electronic Technician is responsible for the installation, troubleshooting, repairing and programming of mechanical, electrical and electronic manufacturing machinery and associated equipment.
Robotic/Electronic Technician Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Programs PLC's robots, vision systems and other machine controllers.
- Troubleshoots electrical and mechanical problems to determine root cause.
- Performs required repairs to return machinery to an operational state.
- Operates DVM's oscilloscopes, power supplies and other necessary test equipment.
- Operates hand tools and small power tools and understands their use and function.
- Creates electrical and pneumatic schematics.
- Writes manuals and trains personnel on equipment operation.
- Designs and builds electrical panels.
- Interfaces with electrical components suppliers and places and tracks orders.
Robotic/Electronic Technician Skills and Qualifications
- Associates degree in Electronics from an accredited school or equivalent experience.
- Strong troubleshooting (to component level) and problem solving skills.
- Experience using DVM's soldering irons, and hand tools.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to program PLC's, robots, vision systems and other machine controllers.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Willingness to learn and keep up with current technologies.
Dated: November 11, 2022