Process Center Manager
803 South Black River Street, Sparta, WI
Process Center Manager Overall Purpose of Position
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Process Center Manager is responsible for daily management of the assigned department (i.e. Sheet Preparation/Decoration, Punch Press, Molding/Milling, or Assembly/Inspection) ensuring safety, quality and compliance while achieving production goals, efficient yield targets and cost objectives.
Process Center Manager Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Proactively manage departmental capacity (staffing and equipment) with associated inter-disciplinary coordination, ensuring effective work schedules and employee assignments are developed and managed appropriately.
- Provide budgetary recommendations on capital expenditures and direct labor resource planning.
- Evaluate incoming orders and set-up the department accordingly, ensuring efficient resource planning.
- Optimize department efficiency, monitor production, and quality.
- Identify and resolve departmental problems in a timely manner.
- Perform record-keeping and reporting tasks, including inventory management and order tracking.
- Train and supervise departmental supervisory staff.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure orders are completed on time.
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement through the support of business and process improvements, including but not limited to lean manufacturing initiatives.
- Identify and execute continuous improvement projects through teamwork, empowerment, consultative problem solving, and operating with honesty and integrity while providing a highly responsive and unsurpassed level of customer service.
- Maintain a fully operational, safe and clean work environment.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and industry regulations.
Process Center Manager Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering (manufacturing, mechanical or industrial engineering) or other relevant field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment (Tier 1 of Tier 2 automotive OEM supplier preferred) in a supervisory role.
- Extensive knowledge of product specifications and production standards.
- In-depth knowledge of industry regulations.
- Experience producing measurable savings in manufacturing process improvements.
- Lean manufacturing and problem solving (RedX, Shainin, Six Sigma) experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to lead process improvement initiatives.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to define, explain and solve problems with minimal or no direction.
Dated: March 7, 2022