Senior Industrial Engineer
803 South Black River Street, Sparta, WI
Senior Industrial Engineer Overall Purpose of Position
The Senior Industrial Engineer will provide technical expertise in plant layout, lean process flow, standard labor analysis, time studies, material flow, ergonomics, and waste elimination to ensure optimal efficiency in manufacturing operations.
Senior Industrial Engineer Job description
- Plans and oversees layout of equipment and production facilities.
- Conducts studies in manufacturing facilities to maximize work flow and utilization of space and equipment.
- Perform cycle time analysis, eliminate bottlenecks, and improve work methods.
- Work with plant leadership teams to improve productivity, quality, and throughput.
- Guides, develops, implements, and promotes the Company's goals and objectives, guiding operational teams in effectively measuring and achieving targets.
- Coaches, trains, and develops hourly associates using technical expertise, lean manufacturing principles, and standard operating procedures.
- Establishes priorities and sequences for manufacturing products including one-piece flow, waste eliminations, TPM, standardized work, synchronized operations, value stream mapping, visual management, and Kaizen.
- Other duties as assigned.
Senior Industrial Engineer and Qualifications
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and decision making skills.
- Personal integrity and the ability to foster teamwork, cooperation and consensus building.
- Detail oriented and precise with excellent organization skills.
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong computer skills, experience with Microsoft Office products, ability to develop effective presentations, and working knowledge of ERP (QAD or Axapta preferred).
- Bachelor's degree with three to six years of Industrial Engineering in a JIT manufacturing environment.
- Strong mathematical skills, such as probability and statistical inference, with the ability to manipulate data and generate reports in Microsoft Excel and statistical software packages.
- Willingness and ability to travel as required.
Dated: May 6, 2019