803 South Black River Street, Sparta, WI
Production Planner/Scheduler Overall Purpose of Position
We are looking for a qualified Production Planner to organize production according to customer demand, equipment capacity and quality standards. An excellent Production Planner is well-versed in production procedures and ways to optimize them. They are organized and results-driven with great problem-solving skills. Advanced communication and computer skills are very useful for the role. The goal is to ensure the smooth and cost-efficient flow of our production operations.
Production Planner/Scheduler Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate production workflow for multiple products within assigned process center.
- Plan and prioritize operations to ensure maximum performance and minimum delay.
- Determine manpower, equipment and raw materials needed to cover production demand.
- Monitor jobs to ensure they will finish on time and within budget.
- Address issues when they arise aiming for minimum disruption
- Obtain output information (number of finished products, percentages of defectives, etc).
- Prepare and submit status and performance reports.
- Collaborate with other process center team members.
Production Planner/Scheduler Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Understanding of manufacturing material resource planning (MRP)
- Strong math skills.
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong computer skills, expertise in Microsoft Excel and ERP systems (Axapta/MS Dynamics preferred).
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with competing timelines.
- Experience building relationships and fostering teamwork.
- Minimum of three (3) years in material planning and scheduling.
- Bachelors Degree in related field strongly preferred, or equivalent education and experience.
Dated: March 7, 2022