803 South Black River Street, Sparta, WI
Overall Purpose of Position
The Plant Manager is responsible for efficient and profitable operation and maintenance of the manufacturing plant. Responsibilities include ensuring that manufacturing goals, deadlines and budgets are established and met.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures efficient operation and continual improvement of the manufacturing processes.
- Initiates plans and processes which minimize manufacturing costs through effective utilization of manpower, equipment, materials and capital.
- Ensures successful startup of new programs which includes capacity planning and working closely with the Program Management team.
- Directs and coordinates plants operations within company policies and procedures ensuring that the product being manufactured meets quality and delivery expectations.
- Develops the annual budget and business planning of the manufacturing plant.
- Interfaces effectively with all levels of the organization and with external customers.
- Continually monitors and improves plant safety and ensures safety regulations are adhered to.
- Provides leadership that promotes teamwork, cooperation and employee development.
- Assures that the collective bargaining agreement is consistently administered.
- Assures Quality and Environmental systems and regulations are adhered to and TS16949 and ISO14001 are maintained.
Skills and Qualifications
- Significant manufacturing knowledge as well as advanced interpersonal and supervisory skills.
- Self-directed and results driven with strong leadership skills.
- Sound organizational and planning abilities with good analytical and effective problem solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication (negotiation) skills.
- Goal oriented and able to work under pressure.
- Able to read, analyze, and interpret common business and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents.
- Able to respond to inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Able to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Knowledge and experience with computer applications.
- Lean program certification and Six Sigma certification is preferred.
- 7 to 10 years related experience in a high volume/high mix product line manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Master's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Management experience in a union environment preferred.
Dated: July 19, 2018