803 S Black River St, Sparta, WI
Maintenance Supervisor Overall Purpose of Position
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for maximizing throughput and productivity of all manufacturing equipment as well as ensuring general maintenance and upkeep of the facility (building and grounds). The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for maintaining electrical, plumbing, mechanical, and related plant systems. This position will work closely with the EHS, Engineering and Operations management teams. The Maintenance Supervisor will be responsible for driving a culture of preventative maintenance and ensuring the safe and reliable operation of all equipment and facility systems. This position will lead the development of improved preventative and predictive maintenance tools and apply data to help drive sound decisions. The Maintenance Supervisor will manage a group of skilled maintenance employees and technicians and will provide the coaching and leadership development to enhance the skills and effectiveness of the overall plant maintenance function.
Maintenance Supervisor Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise and manage the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the maintenance team ensuring proper utilization and development of resources and skillsets to maximize machine uptime.
- Coordinate with corporate environmental, health and safety leadership to ensure compliance and best practices, promoting a world class health and safety management process.
- Determine material, equipment, and supplies needed for daily maintenance functions and ensure work orders are completed accurately, timely and cost effectively.
- Manage spare parts inventories, determining critical needs and working with vendors to ensure parts are on hand and equipment is maintained with minimal downtime.
- Prepare purchase requisitions for the acquisition of necessary materials, equipment, and supplies.
- Maintain all applicable records in accordance with plant and corporate internal procedures.
- Ensure plant preventative maintenance programs are supported, maintained, and opportunities for improvement are identified and implemented.
- Lead efforts and develop resources and capabilities necessary to drive improved plant process automation capabilities and support programs to improve product quality and process efficiencies.
- Work with operations and engineering teams on the design and planning of facility enhancements, and installation of new equipment and processes.
- Recommend and support capital investment projects as necessary, including renovation of existing facilities and construction of new areas as needed.
- Lead and support efforts around lean manufacturing concepts, root cause analysis, and overall equipment effectiveness (OEE).
- Track and analyze key maintenance metrics in coordination with the operations team.
- Lead monthly review of maintenance performance utilizing KPI reports and follow up on key initiatives.
- Coordinate and oversee major plant contract work on electrical, plumbing, mechanical and other related systems in appropriate locations.
- Lead facility maintenance and upkeep to ensure building codes and compliance mandates are being met.
- Identify training needs and develop programs to ensure effective training and development of new and existing maintenance team members.
- Assure the collective bargaining agreement is consistently administered.
- Core competencies :
- Create a culture of trust - reinforce a work environment which encourages team members to act with integrity and treat each other with respect. Lead by example, advocate for others in the face of challenges, remove barriers to trust, and recognize/reward others for demonstrating behaviors which cultivate trust and integrity.
- Focus on results - inspire team members to drive for results, set high goals, use measurement methods to monitor progress. Dedication to exceed goals and drive to achieve continuous improvement and customer satisfaction. Motivate team members towards higher levels of performance aligned with the organization's vision and values.
- Build talent and share responsibilities - plan and support the development of knowledge, skills, and abilities of the entire team to ensure current and future responsibilities can be fulfilled more effectively. Share authority and responsibility with others to move decision making and accountability downward through the organizational to develop each team member's capabilities.
Maintenance Supervisor Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in general maintenance which include the ability to recognize electrical, plumbing, mechanical, and equipment failures, and the ability to identify and implement preventative measures and solutions.
- Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred.
- Strong aptitude and experience and robotics and automated systems.
- Demonstrated analytical problem-solving skills.
- Thorough understanding of manufacturing plant equipment and building electrical, plumbing, and mechanical systems.
- Ability to develop productive relationships, and strong communication skills across all levels of the organization (management, peers, plant personnel, suppliers and customers).
- Demonstrated "can-do" attitude wit ha "roll-up your sleeves" and "get the job done" mentality.
- Enthusiastic and creative leader with the ability to inspire others and lead by example.
- Ability to influence, negotiate, and build consenus.
- Self-starter with the ability to manage time, meet deadlines, and focus on results.
- Ability to speak to both technical and non-technical audiences across a variety of settings (meetings, cross-functional teams, etc).
- Knowledge and experience with computer applications.
- Ability to work flexible work hours on occasion to address specific maintenance needs or attend meetings.
Dated: March 7, 2022