803 South Black River Street, Sparta, WI
Accounts Payable Overall Purpose of Position
The Logistics Manager responsibilities include ensuring that production team can achieve required Production Plan including the production target, optimum utilization of resources, quality management and cost savings. The Logistics Manager works closely with the Production Planning Manager. Drives and orchestrates the reporting of metrics which accurately depicts percentage complete against the approved plans/schedules, and allow for the discovery of potential obstacles in time to implement a risk mitigation strategy.
Implements the plan for the overall activities of Receiving, Shipping, Inventory Control and Production Control personnel. Works with purchasing personnel regularly to ensure approved procurement plans are being implemented.
Logistics Manager Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with the Manufacturing Management to include Logistics; Manufacturing Management, Purchasing, Quality and Engineering teams to implement material, equipment, part and stock movement from purchasing, warehouse/storage and production.
- Utilizes Material Requirements Planning (MRP) to drive production and inventory.
- Execute and drive communication about project/product status in manufacturing is relayed.
- Assist the Master Scheduler in prioritizing work orders as they flow through the production process.
- Monitor the schedules in order to meet or exceed stakeholder and customer expectations.
- Supports the Manufacturing Manager in the performance of technical planning; system integration; verification and validation; and cost, risk, supportability, and effectiveness analyzes for total systems.
- Supports the Manufacturing Manager in ensuring the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical constraints.
Logistics Manager Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent communication and relationship skills with Senior Leadership, Program Management, Customers and engineering team members.
- Proficiency with MS Office products
- Understanding and experience with manufacturing fundamentals.
- Presentation preparation and delivery skills with audiences
- Demonstrated passion for customer satisfaction.
- Ability to interact effectively with peers and supervisors.
- Ability to effectively communicate professionally in writing or verbally with all levels of personnel.
- Flexibility to handle changing requirements and prioritize in a dynamic environment.
- Proficient in all phases of manufacturing.
- Experience working in a represented (union) environment.
Dated: May 12, 2022