803 South Black River Street, Sparta, WI
Industrial Engineer Overall Purpose of Position
The Industrial Engineer is responsible for developing, installing, and maintaining cost effective methods of manufacturing, fair and equitable manufacturing operating standards; also responsible for generating and implementing cost reduction proposals for direct and indirect labor operations at all manufacturing locations. Heavily involved in developing and maintaining factory capacity plans and analysis.
Industrial Engineer Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Participates at initiation phase of new product lines to assist in design for cost effective manufacturing, building tooling by motion economy principles.
- Develops and designs workplace layout through the use of motion economy principles, handling devices, etc.
- Develops, installs, and maintains equitable standards.
- Measures variances to standards, identifies out of control variances, investigates reasons, suggests solutions, installs and follows up.
- Keeps division performance within budgeted performance standards.
- Keeps abreast of technology trends, investigates, and installs most effective methods of manufacturing to keep company competitive.
- Keeps records of method changes that reduce production costs and strives to attain budgeted goal.
- Selects appropriate technique of work measurement and measures work contents to support labors; establishes standards and measures performance against standards.
- Develops management information systems for planning and controls purposes.
- Participates in APQP program. Current model, new model programs; monitor plant progress; publish program status; feedback report to APQP teams.
- Authorized to make job changes concerning line speed.
- Assists in reducing floor space usage.
- Assists Corporate continuous Improvement team and Process Engineering in achieving direct labor, indirect labor, and diverted labor reduction targets.
- Travels between factories as required.
Industrial Engineer Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial Engineering (BSIE) preferred.
- One to two years experience in industrial engineering preferably in automotive metal stamping and plastic injection molding.
- Computer literate.
- Possess good oral and written communication skills.
Dated: March 23, 2022