Director of Information Technology
803 S Black River St. Sparta, WI
Director of Information Technology Overall Purpose of Position
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Director of Information Technology (IT) will oversee the Information Technology team, ensuring all projects, initiatives, and processes meet established objectives. The Director of IT will develop and lead IT strategic initiatives to ensure information security and system related efficiencies.
Director of Information Technology Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the Information Technology team, setting strategic goals for standardization and managing successful implementations, ensuring the most effective and efficient organizational structure.
- Develop and execute the IT strategy in alignment with corporate goals and objectives.
- Formulate and initiate real-world technology solutions, evaluating new technologies for competitive advantage, and recommending system upgrades as well as new solutions.
- Communicate effectively with internal clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions and strategies.
- Evaluate new technologies for competitive advantage, recommending upgrades and new solutions for business requirements.
- Prepare financial budgets and present proposals for capital projects to executive leadership team.
- Oversee technical projects in alignment with organizational goals.
- Direct the effective delivery of networks, development, and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP).
- Ensure data security and integrity, developing and implementing risk mitigation strategies.
- Develop and implement IT related policies and procedures.
- Maintain a high level of customer service and organizational support.
- Work closely with all organizational cross-functional teams.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Director of Information Technology Skills and Qualifications
- Proven experience as an Information Technology Director or Manager, with a minimum of six years of management experience in an IT environment.
- Minimum of two years of experience with ERP software (Axapta, Mircrosoft Dynamics preferred).
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field required.
- Experience evaluating, analyzing, and implementing IT systems and specifications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with team members, peers, vendors and customers.
- Proven track record of developing and implementing technology related business systems, processes, and best practices.
- Ability to effectively manage change.
- Willingness and ability to travel as required.
Revision Date: October 6, 2020