803 S Black River St. Sparta, WI
Controller Overall Purpose of Position
Reporting to the Director of Finance, NBHX Trim Group North America, the Controller is responsible to supervise and coordinate activities of workers engaged in calculating, posting and verifying duties to obtain and record financial data for use in maintaining accounting and statistical records by performing the following duties:
Controller Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Compiles composite reports from individual reports of subordinates required by management or government agencies.
- Monitor all aspects of accounting functions including, AR/AP, and day to day accounting.
- Responsible for inventory control procedures.
- Close books on a monthly and yearly basis.
- Lead the financial statement audit process.
- Analyze data as requested.
- Administers transactions involving foreign currency.
- Prepares property taxes.
- Administers cash management.
- Oversees accounts receivable management.
- Prepares NAFTA filings.
- Assists with annual budgeting process.
- Prepares reports for parent company as requested.
- Issues written and oral instructions.
- Assigns duties and examines work exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures.
- Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency of subordinates.
- Assist in the development and updating of Organizational KPI's.
- Assists with costing.
- Other duties as assigned.
Controller Skills and Qualifications
- Outstanding written, verbal and presentation-based communication.
- 2 to 3 years Cost Accounting Experience.
- 4 years plus Controller experience handling accounting records.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 3 to 5 years previous experience in Manufacturing environment.
- Previously held role of Controller for a 40-50 million dollar company.
- Must be a functional leader who has held previous roles such as Staff Accountant, Financial Analyst and Cost Accounting.
- Understands Internal Controls.
- Advanced Knowledge of GAAP.
- Knowledge of MRP systems, QAD knowledge is preferred.
- CPA certification preferred, not required.
- Physical and Mental Requirements:
- While performing the duties of this job, frequently required to stand, walk, sit; use hands to handle, manipulate, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, talk and hear.
- The ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted.
Revision Date: October 6, 2020