Shipping and Receiving Supervisor
600 Brickl Rd, West Salem, WI
Shipping and Receiving Supervisor Overall Purpose of Position
The Shipping and Receiving Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that accurate shipments of product are made to the customer in a timely manner based on customer requirements and maintaining inventory and supplies by receiving, storing, delivering items and supervising staff. The Shipping and Receiving Supervisor is also responsible for the management of finished goods inventory and required to effectively and safely plan and manage the day-to-day operations of people and processes, following the direction of the labor contract, shop rules, Company policies, procedures and work instructions.
Shipping and Receiving Supervisor Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Moves inventory by scheduling materials to be moved to and from the warehouse; coordinating inventory transfers with related departments and by conducting monthly physical counts; reconciling variances and inputting data.
- Maintains storage area by organizing floor space; adhering to storage design principles; recommending improvements.
- Interfaces with all levels of the organization regarding shipping requirements.
- Ensures shipments are made in prescribed manner by the customer and maintains appropriate records of such.
- Ensures that finished goods inventory is managed based on company policies.
- Continually monitors and strives to improve plant safety and ensures safety regulations are adhered to.
- Ensures Quality and Environmental systems and regulations are adhered to following internal procedures and work instructions.
- Actively supports the company's goal and objectives as defined by plant and corporate management.
- Provides supervision and leadership that promotes teamwork, cooperation, and employee development.
- Assures the collective bargaining agreement is consistently administered.
- Participates in employee development: training and coaching. Fosters employee participation, sets employee objectives and goals and promotes team work.
- Promotes good housekeeping practices.
- Identify and implement improvement activities.
- Administers Company policies, regulations and best practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
Shipping and Receiving Supervisor Skills and Qualifications
- Effective organizational and team building skills.
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Effective problem solving/root cause analysis skills.
- Good interpersonal and supervisory skills.
- Goal-oriented and able to work under pressure.
- Good understanding of Inventory Control and MRP systems.
- 2nd Shift - 2:30pm-10:30pm
Dated: March 7, 2022