3rd Shift Production Supervisor
600 Brickl Rd, West Salem, WI
Production Supervisor Overall Purpose of Position
The Production Supervisor is responsible for the manufacturing process within the department(s). The Production Supervisor is required to effectively and safely plan and manage the day-to-day operations of people, equipment and processes, following the direction of the Plant Manager, Plant Superintendent, the labor contract, shop rules, Company policies, procedures and work instructions, and any applicable laws to satisfy internal and external customer requests and demands.
Production Supervisor Job description
- Manages personnel - Interprets policies to employees, addresses complaints, recommends personnel changes as needed, and completes and administers performance reviews.
- Provides leadership that promotes teamwork, cooperation and employee involvement/engagement.
- Ensures safety and environmental practices are adhered to.
- Participates in employee development: training, and coaching. Fosters employee participation, sets employee objectives and goals and promotes team work.
- Promotes good housekeeping practices.
- Directs production activities: prioritized schedules and work assignments, ensures quality product is shipped to next operation/department, analyzes work problems and assists workers.
- Ensures the proper management of equipment and Tooling.
- Maximizing production output by monitoring yield, rework, customer returns, on time delivery employee and equipment efficiencies, operating expenses, managing inventories.
- Communication of productions activities between shifts.
- Participate in internal and external audits.
- Completion of Corrective/Preventive Actions for respective areas of responsibility.
- Identify and Implement Improvement activities.
- Administer Company Policies and Regulations and "best practices".
- Ensures labor, material reporting timelines and accuracy.
- Other duties as assigned.
Production Supervisor Skills and Qualifications
- Good communication and listening skills.
- Familiar with lean manufacturing methodologies.
- Effective organizational and team building skills.
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Office, outlook, work and excel).
- Effective problem solving/root cause analysis skills.
- Understanding of ERP and MRP systems.
Dated: July 9, 2019