Human Resources Generalist
803 South Black River Street, Sparta, WI
Human Resources Generalist Overall Purpose of Position
The Corporate Human Resources Generalist provides administrative day-to-day support to the Human Resources Manager and plant personnel offices on all personnel matters and assists with benefit and payroll processing.
Human Resources Generalist Job description
- Ensures health, safety and environmental practices are adhered to.
- Counsel and assist managers on attendance, disciplinary and performance issues to ensure compliance with Company practices, policies, and labor agreement. Prepares various reports for Upper Level Management.
- Monitors and maintains compliance with applicable Federal and State regulatory rules pertaining to employment, opportunity, conditions and hours of work, rates of pay etc. (OSHA-EEOC-ADA-Fair Employment-Wage and Hour).
- Assists in the implementation and accomplishment of organizational change.
- Participates in benefits administration and enrollment for new employees (CSJB).
- Processes Union Billing.
- Processes Dental Billing.
- Provide Non-Harassment training to applicable employees.
- Process all Verifications of Employment.
- Performs customer service functions by answering applicant/employee requests and questions.
- Works directly with numerous vendors for HR needs.
- Assists HR Manager with various projects and performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions.
- Administers effectively hourly employee benefit plans and programs as well as safety and health programs in an efficient and effective manner.
- Participates in the recruitment and selection of personnel for hourly and conducts interviews of applicants for such positions.
- Responds to emergencies related to safety.
- Manages Short Term Disability Program.
- Temp Billing reconciliation.
- Drug testing program management.
- Legal correspondence.
- Employee walk in support
Human Resources Generalist Skills and Qualifications
- Knowledge of principles and practices of human resources (unemployment and labor laws).
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Computer literacy - knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Maintain confidentiality.
Dated: April 16, 2019