Machinist/Welder - Sparta Division
803 S Black River St, Sparta, WI
Overall Purpose of Position
The Machinist is responsible to set-up and operate a variety of metalworking and fabricating equipment to build and repair all types of manufacturing machinery from design and fabrication through assembly, inspection and testing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Set up, adjust and operate all types of basic and advanced tools to machine parts to print.
- Operates machines within close tolerances.
- Select proper tooling and materials and apply knowledge of metal properties and shop mathematics.
- Machine and Weld both metallic and nonmetallic materials.
- Perform other shop related duties as required.
- Performs machinery maintenance functions such as daily lubrication, chip removal and the cleaning of machines, table, surrounding area.
- Work in a small non production machining and welding environment.
- Ability to work alone and in a team setting.
- Able to communicate effectively with all department personnel.
- Supports metalworking projects from planning and fabrication through assembly, inspection and testing using knowledge of machine functions, metal properties and mathematics.
Skills and Qualifications
- Associates degree from an accredited school or equivalent experience.
- Proficient in the operation and set-up of manual mills, lathes and other shop related equipment.
- Ability to produce parts from prints and maintain all required tolerances.
- Understand proven welding and machining techniques to prolong tool life and minimize equipment repair.
- Possess good communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to weld all type of materials using mostly GMAW and GTAW for machine part and frame fabrication.
Dated: May 8, 2017