Manufacturing Process Engineer - Spring Grove Division
202 4th Avenue NE | Spring Grove, MN | USA
Overall Purpose of Position
The Manufacturing Process Engineer is responsible for developing, documenting and leading activities to optimize manufacturing processes to meet our customers' requirements and expectations in a cost effective manner. Works closely with manufacturing leadership to ensure the effectiveness of training for new and existing processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with manufacturing and technical personnel to optimize processes to ensure quality, manufacturability, productiving and efficiencies.
- Provides clear and concise documented standard operating procedures on key processes.
- Work with facilities personnel and equipment suppliers to develop appropriate preventative maintenance programs for new and existing equipment.
- Observes processes an ddevelops innovative solutions to solve problems.
- Assists in the development and utilization of key reliability metrics to measure performance.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement san dmakes recommendations to the operations leadership team and upper management.
- Makes formal recommendations with ROI on equipment changes and upgrades.
- Leads process to identify root cause and implement corrective actions to prevent recurrence.
- Assist other team members in meeting plant and company objectives.
- Create and maintain a work environment that is safe, ethical, goal oriented and team based.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree (manufacturing, mechanical or industrial) or 5-7 years experience in manufacturing setting.
- Experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment.
- Experience producing measureable savings in manufacturing.
- Lean experience required with Six Sigma and continuous improvement.
- Requires the ability to work independently with very limited supervision.
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively to all levels of the company.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills and attention to detail.
Dated: June 5, 2017